Looking at these points below how much has been put into place in our nation? I would say that to one degree or another our governments largely function with these plans in place. Take a read and consider the direction our great nation has taken and consider how these things sit regarding the principles upon which our nation was built.
- Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
- A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
- Abolition of all right of inheritance.
- Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
- Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
- Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
- Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
- Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
- Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
- Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.
This list many of you will recognize as the 10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto. Many of them are very strongly ingrained into our nation now while for others there are varying shades in place.
Abolition of private property, Progressive Income Tax, a National Bank (Federal Reserve), and Public Education are certainly realities that are clear to see.
Other parts are not quite as clear. We have a National Bank called the Federal Reserve (though it is privately owned), we have the FCC, FAA, and the ICC for example. Many aspects of Industry are also very powerful in politics due to close relationships with the government. How much difference is there between government ownership and control vs corporate control when in so many cases they are so intertwined?